Guide to create cross-stitching designs on your own
How to get cross-stitch design
To get your cross-stitching pattern is easy as 1, 2, 3:
1. Select an image to upload.
2. After that, you will be able adjust an area of the image and size of resulting design.
Then, select the needlepoint canvas cell size and number of thread colors.
3. When you'll be happy with the preview, you can generate your printable pattern PDF.
And send it to your email.
- Consider that the design contains several pages: the preview of completed design, the cottons chart, and the cross-stitch design. We use large symbols to make the design more readable. The design is that are split into sections 10x10 crosses, it is easier to stitch by each section. The center of the design is marked with red color, it is simpler to start from the center of fabric not to calculate which side to start from.
- If during design setup you selected the Fractional crosses check box, the design will contain some cells that are split into 4 smaller cells. The color of each part corresponds to each end of the cross. You can use quarter, half, and three quarter stitches when colors of parts of crosses match.
- In the Floss palette field you can select the floss palette of various floss vendors.
- Also consider that the Thread quantity in cottons chart is the number of threads that you need to put in the needle for cross-stitching. In canvas with larger cells you the thicker crosses look better.
- If the Mix colors check box selected, the cross-stitch design will have symbols that represent threads combined of threads of different colors. The number of threads you can find in the Color code column.
- If the Do not stitch color value is set, you do not need to stitch it, it will look like a color of fabric that you selected in the Fabric color field.
- If you don't like colored background of pattern cells, to make the pattern have white background you can clear the Color background for pattern cells check box.
- If you prefer smaller pattern cells, which causes less number of design pages, please clear the Large pattern cells check box.
- If you need to make an art that looks more like the source image and not afraid of amount of extra work, you can select the More details (complicated) check box.
Full cross stitch
In the color map in the order of columns you will find:
- the color sample;
- the sign that is used on the design;
- the floss code and after "x" the number of threads that you should put into the needle;
- the number of crosses of this color on the design;
- the number o flosses (6 strands having 8 meter length), when a slash sign is used, the number of strands of a whole floss is shown.
For mixed colors, floss codes and number of threads are displayed for both colors.
Full cross stitch on the design is a full-size sign and should be stitched in an ordinary way.
3/4 stitch + 1/4 stitch
This type of stitch is displayed as a sign, separated into 4 parts, where 3 parts have the same color and 1 differs. It can be stitched as one whole diagonal stitch and one as a half-diagonal stitch of the same color, and the rest half diagonal stitch of another color.
Other types of stitches
There also can be crosses having two diagonal stitches of different colors, upper and lower parts of the cross of different colors. If the color that should not be stitched selected, there can be crosses that do not have some parts stitched.
There also are other options.